A simple and quick recipe to whip up some vegan french toast. This recipe is good for about 6 slices of toast. I purchased fresh baked tuscan bread from Wegman’s but you could use any bread you like.
This recipe is from the amazing Seed to Sprout!
- 4-6 slices of bread
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup agave (sub maple syrup if you don’t have)
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ( optional)
- 1.5 cups water
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with very hot water. Place a cover on top of the bowl and let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain cashews after they have soaked. Place cashews and 1.5 cups water, agave, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth. If you’re blender is not a very powerful blender this could take up to one minute.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Dip pieces of bread in batter and cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Serve with favorite toppings.