Boot Camp Training in Monmouth County – Box Jumps
The box jump is a staple exercise in our cross training boot camp. In any given week, you’ll find them in a number of our boot camp training sessions. Box jumps are a great cardiovascular workout, they help increase your explosive power and can improve certain olympic lifts.
Even though the idea of a box jump may sound simple – jumping from the floor to the top of the box, just like any exercise, your form is key in mastering this move.
Below are a few tips for performing this exercise with the proper form.
1) Don’t stand too far from the box- you will end up sacrificing height for distance (i.e. box bite)
2) Keep feet close together, about hip width apart or less
3) Keep your head, neck and back in a straight line- don’t look down. use your eyes, not your head, to confirm your target
4) To gain momentum, dip into a half squat and use your arms to propel you up
5) When it comes to the landing- you don’t want to ‘stick it’. You should try to land as soft as possible
6) Never land in a full squat- that will put pressure on your knees and spine
7) Upon landing- stand up to a full flexion of the hip- that is how to complete the jump
About Ultimate Fit Zone in Monmouth County
We are a true cross training facility featuring 3,ooo sf of truing space, 25 yards of real turf, two rigs from Rogue Fitness, more than a dozen medicine balls from Dynamax, a giant selection of kettle bells ranging from 18 pounds to 70 pounds, barbells for men and women, an enormous stack of plates, boxes, giant tires, a full dumbbell rack, ropes, sledge hammers, rowers, jump ropes, squat and press stands, and plenty, plenty more..
The cornerstone of Ultimate Fit Zone is our original Zone 360 boot camp workout, a unique, Cross Training boot camp system.