You’ll also need:
- 1-2 boxes lasagna noodles of choice ( I used whole wheat. Buy two boxes just to be safe…I used a very large lasagna tray when I made mine so I would have plenty of leftovers)
- Your favorite marinara sauce (I use Wegman’s tomato basil flavor bc it is vegan)
- 1 package Daiya mozzarella shreds or Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tablespoons (depending on how much you like the flavor) sundried tomatoes
Put everything in your food processor, pulse until all combined. Set aside and make the cream spinach.
For the cream spinach:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, blended with 1/2 cup of water until very smooth and creamy and then set aside. (tip I let my cashews soak in very hot water for about 10 minutes before blending–makes them easier to blend)
- 8 ounces of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed in the microwave
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the onions turn translucent. Add the flour. Cook, stirring, about two minutes until the flour glistens. Add the cashew cream and stir well. Add the thawed spinach and continue cooking about two minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add some water. Add salt and ground pepper.
To assemble the lasagna:
Start by pouring sauce all over the bottom of your lasagna tray and make sure it is covered nicely. Then, add your noodles until the bottom is covered. Add marinara sauce on top of those noodles, then add 1/2 of the sundried tomato tofu ricotta.
Add more noodles on top of that. Then add 1/2 of the cream spinach mixture. (no sauce on this layer)
Add more noodles on top of that. Add marinara sauce then the other half of the tofu ricotta.
Add more noodles then the other half of the cream spinach.
Add more noodles then cover the top layer with sauce completely. Cover your tray tightly with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the tin foil and add your shredded cheese to the top and bake another 15-20 minutes until you feel the noodles have softened.
That’s it 🙂