Self Defense Training – Jiu Jitsu with Mark Walker
Mark has been training in Jiu Jitsu for over 33 years. He opened his first school in 1996, as a green belt, in Hillside, NJ. This school went on to become the Headquarters for Dr. Moses Powell. Upon Dr Powell’s passing, Mark went on to create The Schools of Moses Powell.
In addition to his teachings and rankings, Mark is a self defense instructor for the New Jersey State Department of Corrections.
holds a number of rankings and honors that have been bestowed upon him throughout the years. Some of them include:
- Rank of Hachi Dan and Menyko Kaiden Teacher License, Cert #(01), Title Dai Shihan of ‘Eye to Eye’ Jiu Jitsu
- Godan in Aikido
- Inducted into first Grand Master Dr Moses power New York State Hall of Fame
- Registered Self Defense Instructor of the Gold Pin Project, founded by Sifu Alan Goldberg
- Inducted into the World Head of Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame
- Demonstrated at the first televised tribute to The Masters of the 20th Century hosted by Wesley Snipes
- Two-time inductee into the First International Federation of Jiu Jitsu Legion of Honors founded by Soke Michael Depasquale
- Awarded with Samurai Award by Martial Arts University
- Won Grand Champion at the first Battle of the Board Walk hosted by Soke Michael Depasquale
- Inducted into the Unites States Martial Arts Hall of Fame, founded by Professor Marty Cal
- Inducted into Budo Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame. Nominated by Soke Michael Depasquale
- Four time inductee in the Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame
- Inducted into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame
- Two time inductee into the USA, Martial Arts Hall of Fame. Founded bib Masgter Jim Thomas
- Inducted into The American Makoto-Ryu Aiki Jiu Jitsu Federation
- Inducted into The Legends of The Martial Arts by Grandmasters Cynthia Rothrock and Eric Kovaleski
- Inducted into The Black Belt Brotherhood of Puerto Rico by Grandmaster Titi Basabe
Mark offers one-on-one and group self defense classes and Jiu Jitsu training at Ultimate Fit Zone in Monmouth County. To learn more about his services, please contact Mark at 732-766-9376 or fill out the form below to have Mark reach out to you.