These gluten free brownies are made with quinoa and peanut butter. Just made them tonight and right now I’m fighting back the urge to go eat the entire tray! They came out really moist and delicious and even passed a taste test from Eddie – the typical caveman who loves meat and potatoes!
There is NO sugar or oil in these brownies and being that they are made without gluten- they won’t cause the roller coaster of inflammation that occurs in your body from eating sugar, gluten, wheat, white flour, etc.
(this recipe was originally from Melissa King’s MyWholeFoodLife.com but I modified it slightly to swap out the almond butter for peanut butter- check her out for other great recipes!)
- 1 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all ingredients in a blender except chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined or greased baking dish. I used an 8×8 dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Wait until the brownies have completely cooled before removing them from the pan and cutting into squares.
Store these gluten free quinoa brownies in the fridge in an air tight container. They should last 7-10 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage. Enjoy!